Being successful in any endeavor means being smart. If someone has a plan of attack, the chances of success are much greater. Successful evangelism depends on several points:
- The joy you have in your own heart. If you are thrilled to be a Christian, you will not have trouble convincing lost people of the value of accepting Christ as their Savior and giving their lives in obedience to Him.
- The purity in your own life. If your own life is right with God, most people will listen to what you have to say. If your life is tainted with sin, your example for Christ will be weakened.
- Your ability to use the Bible. The successful Christian has to know his Bible. Without a thorough knowledge of God’s word, you will not be able to answer the questions and excuses thrown at you by the unsaved.
- Your willingness to try. You cannot win others to Christ if you do not make the effort! Talk about Jesus to everyone you meet. Winning others to Christ is one of the greatest joys in life.
- Your ability to get a clear commitment. Many people can present the way of salvation to a sinner, but the fail when it comes to getting a definite decision. Deal with people with a sense of urgency.
One or two individuals cannot pull the entire load. Everyone must pull together and share the same dream to see God’s kingdom grow!