- My hands are small; please do not expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
- My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely: do not restrict me unnecessarily.
- Housework will always be there. I am only little for a short time — please take time to willingly explain things to me about this wonderful world.
- My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; do not nag me all day long (you would not want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
- I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
- I need your encouragement and your praise to grow and become conﬁdent as an adult. Please go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
- Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I will be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
- Please do not do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts did not quite measure up to your expectations. I know it is hard, but please do not try to compare me with my brother or sister.
- Please do not be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Children need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it is a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
- Please take me to church services regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
Thanks for sharing