God has great intentions for our congregation just like He has for all of the assemblies of His people. However, if we are to be effective, we must be involved in the work. As you consider the question of faithfulness, answer the following questions:
- If your car should start one out of three times, would you consider it faithful?
- If the person who delivered your weekend paper should skip your house on Sunday, would you call him faithful?
- If you should fail to come to work two or three days a month, would your boss consider you faithful?
- If your water heater should greet you with cold water one or two mornings a week, would it be faithful?
- If you should miss a couple of house payments in a year, would your mortgage holder say that ten out of twelve wasn’t bad?
Attending is one of the easiest ways to be involved. If one does not even put forth the effort to attend, will they put forth the effort to do more difficult tasks, such as teaching someone who is lost? Thinking about these questions will give you a good idea of what faithfulness demands. Let’s be faithful to God in our work through His church.