Introduction. All throughout the Old Testament, the prophets foretold of Christ. When He came, mankind fell under obligation to obey Him. The following are four questions about Jesus which every person needs to ask.
- Who Is Jesus?
- The Creator (John 1:1-3).
- The Son of God (Mark 1:1).
- The Son of Man (Matthew 16:13).
- Our King and our hope (Hebrews 1:8; 1 Timothy 1:1).
- Our example (1 Peter 2:21).
- What Did Jesus Do?
- He left heaven (John 6:38; Philippians 2:8).
- He was “about his Father’s business” (Luke 2:49).
- He resisted sin (Hebrews 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22).
- He chose disciples (Matthew 10; John 13-16).
- He taught truth and made promises (John 1:17; 8:32; Matthew 16:13-18).
- He died, arose and was exalted (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Ephesians 1:20-23).
- What Does He Mean to Me?
- He is my Savior (Titus 1:4).
- He is my King (Colossians 1:13).
- He is my Advocate (1 John 2:1-2).
- He is my access to God (Hebrews 4:14-16).
- He is my daily companion (Matthew 18:20; 28:20; 2 John 9).
- Will I Tell Others About Him?
- He wants us to evangelize (Matthew 28:18-20).
- We know we should (James 4:17).
- The disciples ceased not to preach and teach (Acts 5:42).
- We know the terror of the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:11).
- He is coming again (2 Timothy 4:1; 1 John 3:1-3)!
Conclusion. Will you obey Him? Ask these questions about Jesus and answer them with your obedience!