Our upcoming meeting with Eddie Caskey will give us great opportunities:
- To Worship God. In addition to our normal assemblies, we will meet every night this week to worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). We will be able to say with David, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord’” (Psalm 122:1).
- To Listen To Gospel Preaching. The word of God is that which will build us up in the most holy faith (Acts 20:32). This week we will have an opportunity every night to listen to that which is able to thoroughly equip us for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- To Encourage Our Brethren. Assemblies give us the opportunity to stir up and exhort one another (Hebrews 10:24-25). We cannot do this if we choose to be absent.
- To Save Lost Souls. The gospel is God’s power to save (Romans 1:16). God has seen ﬁt to save man through the preaching of the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:21). In addition to our regular services, this meeting gives us a special opportunity to invite people to come and hear plain gospel preaching.
- To Set An Important Example For Our Children. Young families live very busy lives, and gospel meetings only add to that schedule. By making the gospel meeting a priority in our family, we are teaching our children that God’s kingdom comes ﬁrst — “seek ﬁrst the kingdom of God” (Matthew 6:33).
- To Greet Visitors. We expect to have visitors during our meeting. Some of them will be good friends who attend at surrounding congregations. Some of them will be ﬁrst-time visitors from the community. Either way, we are blessed with the opportunity to welcome them into our midst and get to know them better.
Adapted from Heath Rogers