- Forgiveness of sins — There is no burden like sin and the guilt imposed by it. In Christ you can become a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Moral values — God’s word is truth (John 17:17), and its commandments are righteous (Psalm 119:138) and binding (John 10:35).
- Membership in God’s family — Christians, regardless of race or gender, are accepted by Christ and His church. It is a fellowship where love for one another abounds. Every member is important (1 Corinthians 12:13-27).
- Opportunities for growth and peace — The Christian’s quest is to become more godly (Romans 8:29), a quest that will lead you to serve.
- Love, joy, and peace — While the world worries, the Christian casts their cares on Christ (1 Peter 4:7). Find rest for your soul (Philippians 4:6-7).
- Purpose in life — Life must have meaning to be worthwhile. Christ can instruct you in what matters most and bring order to your world (John 10:10).
- Heavenly hope — Life in heaven is God’s promise to the faithful (John 14:1-3). Tears will be dried and joys will be eternal. This hope can free you from the fear of death and sustain you during the difficult times (Romans 8:24-25).
Adapted from Harold Hancock