Mark 9:36-37 says, “And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.” Who is the greatest in the kingdom?
- The young mother who changes diapers, cleans messes, ﬁxes meals, sings “Jesus Loves Me,” reads Bible verses, and prays with her babies.
- The father who, after a long day at work, plays catch, checks homework, helps with projects and teaches God’s love to precious souls.
- The single mom who tirelessly lives every minute of her long day as both mother and father.
- The teacher who spends hours each week thinking of new and creative ways to teach and to apply God’s Word for her pupils.
- The single man who goes ﬁshing with boys who don’t have fathers.
- The teen who volunteers time to mentor those who are younger.
- The grandparents who travel hundreds of miles to little league games, band concerts, award ceremonies, and graduations.
These people are great, not just because they help children but because of their motivation. All they do for children, all their service, all their love, all their concern, all their work, all their sacriﬁce, they do for the Lord. They receive children for Christ’s sake, in His name, and for His glory.